Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Where Is Everyone??!!

Where is everyone?
Ma, pa?
Pa – I never knew him. I mean I’ve never met him. My aunt told me he died cause of gang violence. Ergo, mom is a single parent. I’ve got a sister and a brother. We’re triplets. That made things even more difficult for mom. Feeding three mouths and working. But she made it through. We lived in a tough neighborhood. It’s a gated community, but it’s like one of those promise lands, where everything seems so great from the outside but living there, you’d been in hell’s hell. There would be constant wars between us and “them”. Shootouts were a common thing here. Mom always wanted us to stay at home. She was scared. We were home schooled, I don’t know how she found the time, but she did it. She was a tough woman. Three years ago, my brother was on his way to work. He stopped to buy groceries, bang bang bang, three shots to the head.”They” strike again. My sister was kidnapped. She was not found dead, but my sources told me that she was being treated in some facility. My mother was shot dead, 3 weeks ago, inside our territory, our home. I witnessed her execution from behind the hedges; I’m scared because I do not know how long I have to live. And the worst part is. I’ll be living my life in fear of everything around me, not knowing when the enemy will stick a gun to my head.
This was a first hand account of Ms. Goldie black’s life. Growing up in fear, isn’t her life sad?? Now here is the twist in her story, she went through all of this within the first 5 years of her life. Anyone thinking, how a 5 year old kid can tell me all of this. Simple. Ms. Goldie black is a 5 and a half year old TIGRESS .you must be wondering shootouts? And kidnapping? How is that possible? But it’s like that for them. The poachers and those shipped off to the zoo. They do not know what’s going on. We sympathies and do what ever we can in trying to help children growing and living in war zones. This is ALSO A WARZONE, and then why not joins our hands together and save these majestic creatures? It’s your choice. But think about this. Would you leave a child of 5 years old in a war mine?

This one was written by me for a contest on "Saving Tigers-1411 only left in India"!

No comments: