Sunday, June 12, 2011



So, I just realized. My family doesn't have a functioning camera( Yeah,Mine slipped into the water at the beach)... And in order for me to make this blog as cool as it can possibly be, I really need a camera! And I'm being honest here papa and mum.We have another camera. But, The thing has a battery last of literally five minutes. It is just OLD. And it's funny because my mom keeps saying it's because me and my brother took way too many pictures of ourselves. And I'm just thinking... W-What? Mom, you think our faces scare the camera enough to make it want to run out of battery? I mean, maybe it makes sense that the more clicks, the older it gets, the more prone it is to dying as a camera. But really, way to help our self esteems. hahaha, I'm just kidding. The other thing is our camera is just a basic point and shoot, and we've all decided it's time to get our hands on a real nice camera. And these are important years in our lives! We need to document them so that later on I have something to look back on! Plus,I want to be a Photo-Journalist in the future and I need a new DSLR since the one I had is broken! You don't expect me to use a basic camera after using a hi-end one,do ya?!

This was the reason I got AdSense in the first place, so I could make a few bucks off this thing and get a new camera! If you don't know what AdSense is, it's where you can sell advertisements on your site(s) and get some money.
On the Terms of Use it made me click a box that said, "I will not click my own advertisements!" So, naturally, I didn't, because that would be lying against some legally thing, and I really didn't want my account to be disabled. Over the course of 3 weeks I made 90 bucks and I was so excited.
But then the other day I got a message saying, "Dear Google User, because of suspicious clicking activity your account has been disabled and the money will be returned to the advertisers."

You should have seen my face when I got that email.
It was like a walrus.
A, WALRUS.I couldn't contain my laughter, and how ridiculous it was. Like, everyday I would look back and say, ooo looky looky I made 10 bucks today! YAY ME!!!!!!!!! And now, I wasn't getting any of the money, and I really wasn't going to get a camera.
I understood two things from that.

1. ALWAYS check any box on a site when they promise you money. But read 'em first

2. Don't trust your friends because they are the "illegal" clicking :P

--------

And Facebook Friends, You may know that I recently posted a status about Jamie Livingston.. Just like him,I'm going to add a picture I've taken to every post of mine.
Maybe, one day,when I look back or maybe when some editor of a magazine or something looks at my blog and sees my picture,maybe I would be given a job.
For now,I just need to shut myself up and go to college and get a good GPA.


No comments: