Wednesday, August 18, 2010

'You've Told Me This Before'

How many times have we heard people we love re-tell THAT story again and again with lots of passion and excitement..

Sometimes done out of passion, other times out of excitement and yet some others just out of context and a will to share..

And how many times have we laughed or pulled their legs about it and said 'Yeah, you've told me this before'

After making a mental note about this, today, for the first time, I resisted the urge to say so and just smiled and listened. It was hard but it was a small victory and a small effort that went a long way in not raining on a loved one's parade..

I'm not sure how much of a difference it made to my listeners but it gave me that warm, fuzzy feeling on the inside..

Here's to doing this more often..

No comments: